Photo
- - - - -

Night Event At Mussleman 7/10. Rallycross.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 09:47 PM

Half Dirt, half tarmac.

Schedule is whack.  I gotta be there at 4ish.   dark is 8ish - tell me I'm wrong.  Mod 4wheel drive (M4) is last to run.

I forked out 180 bucks for a custom V.1 low mount for lights by Freedom Fab and Powder in SV.  Then a pinch for a 500FF light kit.  Then effing 80 dracmas for pre-reg to run and not trophy, as I suck at rx and stand no chance, but because I think it'll be fun.  Yay for 5 hours in hand cut tires that will only get toasted and I STILL suck at rallycross.  Or do I run a set of sport tires and go for the middle, or go full on autocross tires and blaze until I hit the dirt and apply trust in my drift knowledge.

come on out and ask for rides.  You sign a waiver and get a fancy pants-assed wrist band that will impress strangers and will influence others and give you a ride with a stranger who is almost as lost as you on a dark course...

the truth is I love this as it's sooooo new.  I get to drift and be fast, but an AWD modded Subbie is totally not a Miata or turbo'd 240sx... and I fucking love it!!!!

Discuss and I'd love to see some of you fags.    Jon/Jason/Brandon not that I'm naming names.  Tams is usually my coach and co-driver for Track days and Rally Cross so i can't say I can take you along, but you can almost bet that somebody will take you along if it isn't this sketchy homo.

#2 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:54 AM

August 10th?  I think I'm free that night...

#3 mastadon

mastadon

R32 GT-R Alloys

• Veterans
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 04:47 PM

Assuming you meant 8/10 not 7/10. If so, theres a chance I could come out

#4 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 06:36 PM

Assuming you meant 8/10 not 7/10. If so, theres a chance I could come out

Yes Brandon - 8/10, thanks.

#5 mastadon

mastadon

R32 GT-R Alloys

• Veterans
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:36 AM

Ric, I doubt Im going to make it, but I hope you have a great time.

#6 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:59 PM

This event for me is OBE (overcome by events) and not a thing, but I modded for it and am disappointed.

Installed an Autopower rollbar, custom lightbar and lights, and still lost my 80 dollar reg fee.  An expensive weekend where I wont be sideways...

7FZh1O4.jpg

white on black covers.

ldNOnJj.jpg

barHrPdlTI.jpg

#7 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:36 AM

That looks awesome, Ric!  Was hoping to see ya tonight.  Next time, I guess.

#8 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:09 PM

the event was scrapped as Tucson can't hold it's water.   :)    I didn't go, but I was told the site was too wet to race on.   Tomorrow morning it will be live about 8am if you want to go watch.   My tub wont be there, but I think the idea of seeing how the drivers mix rally tires and tarmac/mud and what decision they went with.  I was going to use wide 200 UTQG custom grooved tires.  I was hoping my chops in grip were going to give me an edge with my drift stuffs picking up slack in the dirt... but we won't know.   What with all that mud, I'm not sure if a tractor V tire wouldn't be the proper choice.   hehe

#9 mastadon

mastadon

R32 GT-R Alloys

• Veterans
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:27 PM

Haha! Yeah, we got a LOT of rain yesterday.

#10 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

mah duuuuuuuuuudes.    There was a roll, but not a rollover.  the car got enough on the roof to bust the windshield and settled back on the wheels.   it would seem that it was a weird tripping on what would be a high RPM 1st gear switchback.  Luckily, it was a proper rally car and was fine beside teh busted windshield.   Hood and front fender fucked up and the roof line metal.   Jon will testify that it's still a fucked up way to fuck up a car.  lol.   I can't imagine paying Jon to sort my windshield sealing points and what that would cost.

I knew I needed to add a rollbar !

You guys stay safe and if you track your cars and are as seriuous as I am - maybe a rollbar isn't just a thing to make you feel fast, it could save your life when used with the factory 3 point.  In my years, I know that a full harness is only safe if the car is fully caged above your head.  Just get a better seat to hold you horizontally.

/end drinking rant.

#11 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:39 PM

At least it wasn't me. :shifty:

In a non-jackass response, that sucks man.  Glad you walked away from it.  Cars can be fixed / replaced.  People not so much.

#12 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:16 PM

At least it wasn't me. :shifty:

In a non-jackass response, that sucks man.  Glad you walked away from it.  Cars can be fixed / replaced.  People not so much.

It wasn't me.  Re-reading my post, I can see the concern.  Again, not me.  It was a Ford zx2 former stage rally car.   If I had done this to my '17 STI, I'd be sick, but it's a chance you take racing a street car.  I can write teh check to pay it off if I wad it up, but that would be a hard check to write (internet transaction).  a very painful check to write.

#13 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:08 AM

Oh dang. I guess I misread,then.Oops. Still sucks, though. Glad the driver is okay.

#14 snatfinder

snatfinder

S14 SE Alloys

• Veterans
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:18 AM

I was going to say you're taking this really well for such an expensive toy...

#15 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:50 PM

I was going to say you're taking this really well for such an expensive toy...

It would suck badly, but it is what we got it for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users