• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:32 PM

Auto cross at SV Airport tomorrow. I may come to watch but I don't want to use up my Azenis. I want some good tire for Arroyo Secco on 4/20 http://arroyosecorac...hedule2019.html
It's a whole morning of lapping for under a 100 bucks.
I'm going to trailer out the subbie in case we break one of our cars. We spend the night in Deming the night before - eat breakfast - 20 miles to track - talk shit - race - talk shit - get gas - talk more shit and drive flat the fuck out for 3 hours and then come home.
I'm bringing a 5 gallon jug of 100 octane because the gas station down the street doesnt have race gas. I'd like to keep my EJ alive. I don't know if that gas station has corn. Tam's Hellcat is a thirsty bitch at lots of flat foot but isn't so picky about ping... go figure on a 20K engine. lol
Just sayin'

#2 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:58 PM

I remember the ONE time I went to ASR with Ric and Tams and laughing as they drove off to fill up the cat.  Meanwhile I flopped about in the Civic with it's trashed suspension...

#3 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:26 PM

I remember the ONE time I went to ASR with Ric and Tams and laughing as they drove off to fill up the cat.  Meanwhile I flopped about in the Civic with it's trashed suspension...

but you did race.  Not just some guy who talked about it, you were about it !  :)   look at how many people present and past that build cars and don't use them as intended.   I've seen you beat on two old hondas to proper effect and on your terms and budget.   You can be proud little brother. 

Full throttle makes the 'cat thirsty.

#4 snatfinder

snatfinder

S14 SE Alloys

• Veterans
  • 569 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:07 PM

Now imagine that trackday in an frs...

#5 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:41 PM

Now imagine that trackday in an frs...

I would KILL for a properly running car for a track day.  Accord got to 95ish on the long straight at Inde.  I'm sure with having the water temp replaced, and maybe a cold intake + exhaust and I might have hit triple digits.  The Civic got to maybe 80 by the end of the drag strip at ASR.  Drag is a bitch, especially on a 70 HP car, even if it was just barely over a ton.

#6 snatfinder

snatfinder

S14 SE Alloys

• Veterans
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:49 AM

No killing required.  Just $11,999.

#7 ultimateirving

ultimateirving

R32 GT-R Alloys

• Veterans
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:14 PM

I need to get out to a track day thats not drift or drag. Been really wanting to get out to an autocRoss or nasa style event. Just havent committed the time yet

#8 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:38 PM

Rallycross this weekend in Tucson

#9 mastadon

mastadon

R32 GT-R Alloys

• Veterans
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:05 PM

You going Ric?

#10 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:53 PM

You going Ric?

yes sir, I am.  :)

http://www.azbrscca.org/

I should have more momentum this time as my tires are WAY more suited to this.   I should be able to keep angle and speed and maybe not be last in class.   hehehe    Rallycross is an effing riot.  

#11 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:12 PM

No killing required.  Just $11,999.

Yeah, not gonna happen.  Need roof work.  Smidgeon of a chance of moving to Payson.  Other bills to pay.  Wife would have my head.  Wish I could work out a deal.  I really do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users