Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

*yawn.

car set to sharp +, rear bias.

https://youtu.be/PwHoMZBjtQI

beyond excitement.   She did everything asked.

I'm a fucking liar.

That way out there far right corner... ?!?   Yeah - mister big feet dropped the ball on a last minute heel toe get the car rotated on last minute (which I would have drifted out of in a rwd car without the nonsense of grip) and looked the rock star I am.

Instead it was a fucking great event!   For real.   I did 34.0xx to a Nat Champ CamS Vette did 32.   I'd say I'm not off by much.

The car hated it between runs.   TMIC was baking.  I didn't dare shut it off so the turbo wouldn't coke.  I need to mount a sensor to show if the new (  DID I FUCKING SPEND THAT MUCH  ) tmic is working with the splitter.  

P.S.   Car was pretty much on point.   OEM brakes are not my style  I think Carbotechs are on order.   I've admitted that I drive too deep... but damnit... I did it every time today.  I didn't try to oversteer my way out of corners but welcomed the lift oversteer.  

#2 Racer X

Racer X

R33 GT-R Alloys

• Super Moderator(Mod)
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:57 AM

Are you going to do the FMIC conversion ? That TMIC has had heat soak problems since it came to America. Possibly before that haha. Still you looked good man ! Can't wait for more video's.

Also did you manage to take any intake temp reading before and after the splitter install?

As for sensors, a cheap and really useful app I have is Torque Pro ($5) for Android and get a Bluetooth OBDII scanner from Amazon for $10. That system shows EVERYTHING ! I think they might make it for apple as well if you have an apple phone. But seriously everyone on this forum should have that app and a scanner. So useful.

#3 RonnieB

RonnieB

5 Lug Conversion

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:50 PM

Are you going to do the FMIC conversion ? That TMIC has had heat soak problems since it came to America. Possibly before that haha. Still you looked good man ! Can't wait for more video's.

Also did you manage to take any intake temp reading before and after the splitter install?

As for sensors, a cheap and really useful app I have is Torque Pro ($5) for Android and get a Bluetooth OBDII scanner from Amazon for $10. That system shows EVERYTHING ! I think they might make it for apple as well if you have an apple phone. But seriously everyone on this forum should have that app and a scanner. So useful.

I tried to tell everyone about the Torque app and adapter setup years ago when I rejoined here but nobody seemed to give a shit. I love it. Pull it up and look at all kinds of data right in my hand. Pretty damn useful, especially for diagnosis. 

#4 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:05 PM

Torque app is awesome. I've used it to monitor the Pilot during drives, or just after getting home to see numbers. It's fantastic. I need a real Bluetooth adapter at some point. Got a cheap one off eBay. It works.

And 2 seconds off of a national champ in a Vette? Damn dude!

Edited by JasonP, 06 August 2018 - 06:07 PM.

#5 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:09 PM

DRD's got converted to a front mount and soaks pretty bad. He poured water on it before I took a quick spin in it. :(

#6 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:24 PM

DRD's got converted to a front mount and soaks pretty bad. He poured water on it before I took a quick spin in it. :(

I'm going to rally cross the car.   I need the intercooler where it is so I don't get stranded when I hit shit.  Even Tams says don't.  My TMIC will support my needs.  Waiting to run while at idle is what's killing it but shutting it down will coke the turbo.   Drag racers call it getting burned down at the light when you sit and soak heat.  

I don't need the app.  I'm sure my accessport thingie-ma-bob has the function.  I just want a probe to stick in there and see what it says when I'm moving vs sitting.  I don't keep the accessport in the car and don't want it stolen.  

I honestly have myself convinced that I might as well go Stage3+ with 1300cc injectors and a big ole' pump to ensure I have the fuel overhead to not lean out.  I'll probably be right around 350hp to the tire - which is fine as I know it will be safe on 91 octane ie; read piss.  Doing the built IAG block will be my 500hp mod when I have my tuner add the turbo too and we talk about ethanol sensors and it's support.

when it's all done - the right answer will be known when I know how far and fast the car has to go to get enough air over the TMIC to drop temps to ambient.   I've started driving it in "I" mode which is low boost  tables to avoid beating on the engine in this heat.  I'm already running too close to lean.

Y'all - I can afford to do the right thing - I just need to figure that right thing part out that fits what I do with car.  I don't need the fastest STI or even bragging rights on YouTube when I some woman's tittie fall out or my daughter is surprised...  wtf but what ever- I just want the car fast and dependable - 260ish whp for an STI is garbage... I'm right about 300-310ish.   500ish is where fast is fast and I aim to be there.  Those folks in Coyote powered Moostangs know what they're doing.  They're nearly 440 at the crank and the car is amazing with almost the same weight I have.

#7 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

You're car is certainly planted and sounds good in the video. I think you've got good goals in mind. I'm dying to race again. You got me hooked.

#8 Racer X

Racer X

R33 GT-R Alloys

• Super Moderator(Mod)
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:29 PM

I totally forgot about you wanting to rally it. That makes sense.

#9 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:42 PM

I'm just waiting for the video of Tams yelling directions at Ric during a stage. "I told you! Left 2,long,keep out!! If you had listened to me, we wouldn't have smashed into that boulder!!" :lol:

#10 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:22 PM

I'm just waiting for the video of Tams yelling directions at Ric during a stage. "I told you! Left 2,long,keep out!! If you had listened to me, we wouldn't have smashed into that boulder!!" :lol:

we talk about this...   left 1 square don't cut 100 over crest keep center over bridge.... *THE FUCK MIDDLE OR CENTER*

#11 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:23 PM

IF I can clip the ends, I can add some hands and car direction.  I may just post something - even junk to show how easy the car is to drive fast.

#12 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:35 PM

I caught a cone... not sure where, but I'm not surprised.   Not the fast run, just the best to publish unedited.

https://youtu.be/qQnmGVqDm9g

#13 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:57 PM

we talk about this...   left 1 square don't cut 100 over crest keep center over bridge.... *THE FUCK MIDDLE OR CENTER*

:lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users