• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

So I'm really in need of getting my rotten tomato running again.  Especially with school out for the summer.  I need to grab main seals, an oil pump, water pump, and timing belt and get that all done with the replacement motor still out of the car.  Then yank the old motor out, with the transmission, separate them, move the flywheel over, install the new clutch, then mate the transmission to the swap motor.  Mount that crap in and call it good for the day.

I'll have to put some money aside for parts, obviously, and would be willing to provide pizza, soda, and Gatorade for refreshments.

Any takers?

I'm looking at some other Civics that may have some swaps, or possibly some sort of Integra, and sell off the tomato once it's running.  I dunno.

Feel free to respond here. Kisses. ;)

#2 mastadon

mastadon

R32 GT-R Alloys

• Veterans
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

Or sell it to me cheap and Ill deal with getting it running... ;)

Or, depending on when you are doing this I *might* be able to help. With my job and kids I have very little free time though...

#3 Ric

Ric

Dirty old man

• Valhalla
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

Or, depending on when you are doing this I *might* be able to help. With my job and kids I have very little free time though...

Beats throwing money at it just to sell it. ...then I can have my lift back.

#4 mastadon

mastadon

R32 GT-R Alloys

• Veterans
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

Ric has a point. Im only half serious, but if the deal is right I might be able to make it happen.

#5 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

Well, I may have something else in the works, and would end up selling the tomato if the other thing goes through.  I really need a working second car regardless.  Right now, if I can just get the engine and trans out, do the rear seal, get the flywheel over, clutch, and transmission on, then remount the motor, I'm good.  I just want to get the heavy stuff out of the way and get Ric his lift back.  He's far too generous to me a times.

#6 JasonP

JasonP

I dream of...

• Veterans
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

I know the feeling.  Thus why the car has been sitting for so damn long.  I'm sure we can work something out for the cars future. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users