Vendor Feedback - Shout Outs!

4 replies to this topic

#1 JMax

JMax

R32 GT-R Alloys

• Veterans
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:47 AM

I want to give a shout out to my homie Corey for hooking it up with my SC400 AC control board. He went above and beyond to fulfill my order and do it right. He had to figure out the polarity and voltage for each section of the AC control board to do it right instead of just slapping some bulbs and calling it a day.

He did the following:

- Replaced the burned out digital screen with one i provided

- Replaced the bulbs from green to Blue and Amber

- Replaced the incandescent bulbs for the back light of the digital screen to white LED's

He will be doing my Zenki Soarer tail lamps once I get to that point in my project.

All in all, he was very approachable, provided great customer service and will definitely recommend him to anyone who needs LED related shit.

Will post pictures of my shit once its hooked up to my car (which probably will be never, but we'll see).

• ultimateirving likes this

#2 Digi7ech

Digi7ech

R33 GT-R Alloys

• Veterans
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:00 AM

Got his AC cluster and needles. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do the needles because the internet didn't give exact voltages and I was too far from thre actual car to do some real world testing. Lesson learned. Get voltages of items in the car to make it much easier.

20150923_213901.jpg

I was able to find details about the AC system though.

Replaced incandescent bulbs with cool white led's and then indicator lights with blue.

20151008_150849.jpg

First pic of single led showed a hot spot. I ended up removing them and going with dual led's angled 90 degrees away to diffuse it better.

20151008_132631.jpg

#3 Beau

Beau

S14 SE Alloys

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Fuck Yesssssssssss this will be awesome on my soarer
  • JMax likes this

#4 Digi7ech

Digi7ech

R33 GT-R Alloys

• Veterans
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:23 AM

^If you want them done, then let me take voltage measurements with it plugged in. I had to do a bit of educated guessing on these things.

The lcd was assumed to be running 12v since they were incandescent.

The indicator led's had ZERO resistors on them which means that it's most likely current driven OR the voltage was precisely in the range of the led(3ish volts)

Edited by Digi7ech, 21 October 2015 - 09:23 AM.

#5 Beau

Beau

S14 SE Alloys

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

Your talking about testing the console or tail lights volts and amps (current). Something with that low resistance is impressive if it's got none.
Your talking about testing the console or tail lights volts and amps (current). Something with that low resistance is impressive if it's got none.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users