• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#16 champa

champa

"The Smoker"

• Valhalla
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:40 PM

if they were illegal then how it is possible that motor rex can sell skylines ?

#17 tito

tito

S14 SE Alloys

• Veterans
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:11 PM

im wondering how well this will hold up in court, being that you are purchasing illegal engines. if they can proove you were trying to use them for road use....you may run into some problems

lets hope for a speedy result so we can put this to rest finally

if this goes to court, what makes you think he would have to argue what he was using the engines for. If he says they were for offroad use they were and thats that. It would not be a criminal case against him (the guy that filed to complaint) so I doubt that would have anything to do with the procedures

#18 phoenixR34

phoenixR34

Ok dudes, let's walk this sucker

• Veterans
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:17 PM

yeah really. if buying an RB/SR is illegal, than so is buying test pipes, headers, exhausts, cams, ported heads etc.

#19 Frankiefingers77

Frankiefingers77

5 Lug Conversion

• Veterans
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 11:33 PM

Well, at least in CA anyway, the engine itself can't be legaly swapped into a car for street use. From what I can tell, the car as a whole is legal, but only after an aproved organization (Motorex) has made the apropriot changes to the chasis, glass, emissions equipment, etc.

The RB was never a legal engine to swap into a car as far as emissions is concerned, a Skyline however, can be made US street legal.

#20 brian

brian

R33 GT-R Alloys

• Veterans
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 11:43 PM

Well, at least in CA anyway, the engine itself can't be legaly swapped into a car for street use. From what I can tell, the car as a whole is legal, but only after an aproved organization (Motorex) has made the apropriot changes to the chasis, glass, emissions equipment, etc.

The RB was never a legal engine to swap into a car as far as emissions is concerned, a Skyline however, can be made US street legal.

Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself.

#21 XtremeHKS

XtremeHKS

S14 SE Alloys

• Veterans
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:03 AM

Night Racing is ignoring me. I don't know what but he has not answer my e-mails, or call me back.

RB25DET Swap S13 Drive shaft.. $435.00

:lol:

Geez, if you surf www.240sx.us for a while you can start to get an idea of how much he owes everyone, i'd say the # is in the tens of thousands.

Edited by XtremeHKS, 15 July 2004 - 01:05 AM.

#22 Ray

Ray

• Veterans
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:09 AM

Night Racing is ignoring me. I don't know what but he has not answer my e-mails, or call me back.

RB25DET Swap S13 Drive shaft.. $435.00

:lol:

Geez, if you surf www.240sx.us for a while you can start to get an idea of how much he owes everyone, i'd say the # is in the tens of thousands.

Its the middle of July, where the hell is your s14?

#23 MUSICSURFMAN

MUSICSURFMAN

S14 SE Alloys

• Veterans
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:54 AM

MY RB20 PASSED EMISSIONS.... I HAVE THE PAPERWORK TO PROVE IT. THERE IS NO SPECIFIC LIST OF ENGINE APPROVED FOR ROAD USE HERE IN THE US, I ASKED AN EMISSIONS OFFICIAL HERE IN PHOENIX. HE SAID AS LONG AS THE MOTOR EITHER A: PASSES EMISSIONS WITH ITS ORIGINAL DESIGNED EQUIPMENT OR B: HAS THE CURRENT EMISSION STANDARDS RETROFITTED TO IT AND CAN CURRENTLY PASS EMISSIONS.

THE RB20DET WILL PASS EMISSIONS IN ITS STOCK STATE EVEN RUNNING EXTREMELY RICH (VIA WALBORO), WITH HIGH IDLE AND LUMPY TIMING.

#24 mazdog

mazdog

have you no logic?

• Veterans
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:04 AM

MY RB20 PASSED EMISSIONS.... I HAVE THE PAPERWORK TO PROVE IT. THERE IS NO SPECIFIC LIST OF ENGINE APPROVED FOR ROAD USE HERE IN THE US, I ASKED AN EMISSIONS OFFICIAL HERE IN PHOENIX

OH MY GOD, i sound like a fucking broken record, the RBs and SRs as well as ANY engine theat was never sold in a vehicle here in the US is ILLEGAL to swap into a vehicle that will be used on the road here in the US.

It doesn't matter it if has zero emission and runs on cowshit, if it was never sold here it is illegal to swap into a road goin car.

Is this really that hard of a concept to fathom.
:angry:

#25 MUSICSURFMAN

MUSICSURFMAN

S14 SE Alloys

• Veterans
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:24 AM

IF IT WAS ILLEGAL WHY WAS MY CAR REGISTERED LEGALLY, BEEN THROUGH EMISSIONS AND PASSED, BEEN THROUGH A CLASS 3 TECH INSPECTION AND PASSED?

SO EVEN IF THE TECH OFFICIAL (WENT OVER THE CARS ENTIRE SYSTEM AND EVEN QUESTIONED ME ABOUT THE ENGINE IN THE CAR) PASSED IT.... HOW IS IT ILLEGAL?

CAUSE I WOULD THINK THOSE PEOPLE WHO DO THE INSPECTIONS WOULD HAVE FAILED ME ON THE SPOT BUT NO THEY PASSED ME WITH AN ILLEGAL ENGINE.

#26 champa

champa

"The Smoker"

• Valhalla
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:34 AM

MotorRex as already gone through the DOT, EPA, etc process of making the skyline legal for US street use. So this means the engine and anything else from a skyline is already DOT approved

#27 Toki

Toki

Yuppie

• Veterans
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:52 AM

IF IT WAS ILLEGAL WHY WAS MY CAR REGISTERED LEGALLY, BEEN THROUGH EMISSIONS AND PASSED, BEEN THROUGH A CLASS 3 TECH INSPECTION AND PASSED?

SO EVEN IF THE TECH OFFICIAL (WENT OVER THE CARS ENTIRE SYSTEM AND EVEN QUESTIONED ME ABOUT THE ENGINE IN THE CAR) PASSED IT.... HOW IS IT ILLEGAL?

CAUSE I WOULD THINK THOSE PEOPLE WHO DO THE INSPECTIONS WOULD HAVE FAILED ME ON THE SPOT BUT NO THEY PASSED ME WITH AN ILLEGAL ENGINE.

BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW SHIT. Holy christ, the same reason every motherfucker with an open wastegate passes emmissions, when they should be automatically failed, the same reason it took 3 emmissions people to attempt to look under the hood of a buddies FD, and they eventually gave up and waved him on because they're retarded. People at emmissions centers dont know shit but what the computer tells them, which is just a list of random emmissions shit like the EGR. You are seriously retarded, you know that?

#28 Paul

Paul

Quote Ninja

• Veterans
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:08 PM

Its the middle of July, where the hell is your s14?

Probably still back in Tennessee with the owner.

#29 MUSICSURFMAN

MUSICSURFMAN

S14 SE Alloys

• Veterans
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:08 PM

OK STATE COMMISIONED TECH OFFICIALS ARE IDIOTS.... YEAH THATS WHY THEY FAIL PEOPLE FOR LITTLE THINGS THAT MOST PEOPLE OVER LOOK LIKE EGR VACUUM LINES, MANIFOLD VACUUM LINES, DAMAGED SUSPENSION BUSHINGS, HOLLOWED OUT CATS, ETC.

YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NEVER HAD TO TAKE A VEHICLE THROUGH A TECH INSPECTION. EMISSIONS TECH ARE IDIOTS BUT THE TECH OFFICIALS AREN'T EVEN CLOSE TO STUPID.

Edited by MUSICSURFMAN, 15 July 2004 - 12:12 PM.

#30 phoenixR34

phoenixR34

Ok dudes, let's walk this sucker

• Veterans
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:19 PM

Where/What is this tech for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users